Saturday, August 16, 2008

Want list updated!

I have updated my want list in this previous post. It's not complete; far from it. If you want to see a more complete want list, check out my want list on Firestream.net in the Music Vault. It's not entirely complete either. There is always stuff coming out that I add to my want list, and stuff that is added to the vault that I add to my want list as I see it. There's also stuff I discover that I add to the vault, then add to my want list right away. In any event, as a collector, I still have a LONG way to go before I have a collection that I feel is really complete. There are tons of 80's releases that I'm lacking, a lot of pivotal 90's alternative, rock, and hardcore that I am missing, including a lot of early T&N and Solid State stuff, as well as a lot of current bands that I can't keep up with because money remains tight. Still, I continue to climb the mountain of releases in hopes that one day I can build up a substantial enough collection of "Christian" rock that I feel I represent the history, heritage, and culture of the genres enough to say I have a deep understanding of the cultural impact. Man, that sounded really pompous! I'm not trying to be arrogant, I'm just a student trying to learn as much as I can about the impact of rock music on Christianity, and indeed the impact of Christianity on rock.

No comments: