Friday, March 6, 2009

Want List Updated!

I have updated my want list to show more items I've obtained, as well as adding a few new things and clarifying a couple items in the list. I want to make sure everyone who reads my want list understands one thing - I refuse to pay eBay prices for items that are out of print. I realize the rarity is a factor, but to me, and item is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. If someone is willing to pay $80 for an original copy of Recon's "Behind Enemy Lines", woopie for them - it's not worth that much to me. As a general rule, I don't like to pay any more than twice the original retail price for an item. That's my high-end, so if you start there, don't expect to go up, only down. Also, keep in mind there are a handful of exceptions to that rule, but not enough to think you can price-gouge me. I am simply not the gullible buyer who will pay whatever he can to get a copy of an original release. Point blank: I will illegally download an OOP album before spending 4-5 times it's original purchase price if I want to listen to it that badly.

Also, keep in mind that while I'm no fan of cassettes, if that's the only format a release is available on, or if CD copies are so scarce you'd have better luck getting tickets to the Superbowl on Superbowl Sunday than finding a CD copy, then a cassette will have to do! :)

Stay tuned for the playlist for Sunday night's show, and remember - the following Sunday is a "theme" show, where I'll be featuring the music of the legendary Mad At The World!

No comments: